Oyster’s Disclosure & Agreement to Conduct Electronic Transactions
Please print or download a copy of this Agreement for your records after reading it.
This Disclosure and Agreement to Conduct Electronic Transactions (“Agreement”) applies to all Communications for those Contracts (including Policies), services and notices offered or accessible through Our Online Service. “Online Service” means the Oyster Website and mobile applications, and associated links, services and Communications available through the Website and mobile apps.
We are required by law to provide certain disclosures to you before you enter into this transaction electronically. In addition, we need your consent to enter into this transaction before we can deliver, or authorize the delivery of, certain documents to you electronically. Please read this Agreement carefully before giving consent.
- “Communications” means all the information that We are required to provide to you by law, or as reasonably necessary to administer your Contract, which includes, but is not limited to, your online enrollment or application, declarations page, Policy, certificate, terms and conditions, responses to claims, transaction history, privacy policies, periodic billing statements, amendments, services, notices and disclosures about changes in the terms of your Contract.
- “Contract” means a Policy/certificate or any other product or service requested by you and provided by Us.
- “Policy” means a written contract of insurance, or written agreement effecting insurance, or the certificate thereof, and includes all clauses, riders or endorsements and declarations pages.
- “We”, “Us”, and “Our” means the company that issues your Contract, including Oyster Insurance, LLC and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents.
Scope of Communications to Be Provided in Electronic Form
You agree that We may provide you with any Communication in electronic format, and that We may discontinue sending paper Communications to you (including, but not limited to, paper communications required to be sent via U.S. mail), unless and until you withdraw your consent as described below or at Our option upon notification by Us to you. You further acknowledge that We may authorize an agent to deliver certain Communications to you on Our behalf, and perform other services to help facilitate the delivery of Communications to you.
Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic Form
All Communications that We provide to you in electronic form will be provided by one or more of the following methods (to the extent permissible by law): (1) via e-mail; (2) by access to a secure Website that We will generally designate in advance for such purpose; or (3) via text message or mobile message service. With respect to text message and mobile messaging service communications, your carrier may charge you a fee for receiving the message. We will provide a particular Communication in writing if required by law to do so.
How to Withdraw Consent
You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications that We provide to you in electronic form by (1) e-mailing Us at email@example.com or (2) writing to Us at Oyster Insurance, LLC, Attn: Customer Service, 1601 Trapelo Road, Suite 280, Waltham, MA 02451. At Our option, We may treat your provision of an invalid e-mail address, or the subsequent malfunction of a previously valid e-mail address, as a withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications; however, your access and use of the Online Service may be terminated. Any withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after We have a reasonable period of time to process your withdrawal. Termination of your consent to conduct business electronically shall not affect legal enforceability of any Contract provided to you.
How to Update Your Records
It is your responsibility to provide Us with a true, accurate and complete e-mail address, contact, and other information related to this Agreement and your Contract, and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update your information by (1) e-mailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (2) writing to us at Oyster Insurance, LLC, Attn: Customer Service, 1601 Trapelo Road, Suite 280, Waltham, MA 02451. Please do not send confidential information to Us via traditional e-mail, as we cannot guarantee that the transmission will be secure.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access, view and retain electronic Communications from Us, you must have:
- An up-to-date Internet browser to access your Communications;
- Local, electronic storage capacity to retain Our Communications and/or a printer to print them;
- A valid e-mail account and software to access it;
- An up-to-date device or devices (e.g., computer, Smartphone, tablet, etc.) suitable for connecting to the Internet;
- Added the domain oysterinsure.com to your e-mail account’s list of safe senders;
- Software that enables you to view files in Portable Document Format (“PDF”). You may be able to download the most recent version of Adobe Reader by clicking here. If you cannot download the most recent version of Adobe Reader, please call your manufacturer to find out how to download software that is functionally equivalent.
Requesting Paper Copies
When you consent to receive Communications electronically, you should not expect to receive a paper copy of any Communication, unless you request it, a paper or other written copy is required by law, or We otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic Communication by printing it yourself or by requesting that We mail you a paper copy, provided that such request is made within a reasonable time after We first provided the electronic Communication to you. To request a paper copy, you may do so by (1) e-mailing Us at email@example.com or (2) writing to Us at Oyster Insurance, LLC, Attn: Customer Service, 1601 Trapelo Road, Suite 280, Waltham, MA 02451. We may charge you a reasonable service fee for a paper copy, of which We will provide you.